2023 Hyundai i20 Facelift Launched, Gets More Affordable
Hyundai has launched the 2023 i20 facelift in India, with prices starting from Rs 6.99 lakh (ex-showroom). The updated hatch is now offered in five variants, including a new base-spec Era trim. Here’s a look at its complete price list: –
|2023 Hyundai i20||New Price||Quantum of Price Hike|
|Era (NEW)||Rs 6.99 lakh||N.A.|
|Magna||Rs 7.7 lakh||+Rs 24,000|
|Sportz||Rs 8.33 lakh||+Rs 25,000|
|Asta||Rs 9.29 lakh||+Rs 20,000|
|Asta (O)||Rs 9.98 lakh||+Rs 21,000|
|Sportz||Rs 9.38 lakh||+Rs 27,000|
|Asta (O)||Rs 11.01 lakh||+Rs 20,000|
2023 Hyundai i20 Facelift – What’s New?
Being a facelift version, the Hyundai i20 receives some minor cosmetic enhancements, refreshed colour schemes, and new features. Also, it is now only available with the 1.2-litre petrol engine.
- To start with, the upgraded i20 acquires a new Verna-inspired cascading grille paired with sharper-looking LED headlamps. It also gets revised LED DRLs. Furthermore, the Hyundai logo has now been shifted from the grille to the base of the bonnet. It also receives a new 2D design.
- The front bumper has also been revised to incorporate two large arrow-shaped air curtains and a sharply sculpted front chin.
- The updated hatch now misses out on fog lamps.
- Changes on the sides are limited to the new 16-inch alloy wheels. However, towards the rear, it gets a new dual-tone bumper with repositioned reflectors and a prominent faux skid plate.
- While the dashboard layout remains unchanged, it receives a more premium-looking black-and-grey colour scheme.
- The updated i20 now also gets C-type USB charging ports, a new rotary knob for the volume control, revised ambient lighting, puddle lamps with a welcome function, leatherette padding on door armrests, and Hyundai’s ‘Sounds of Nature’ feature. Besides, features like six airbags, ESC, hill start assist and 3-point seatbelt for all occupants, along with their reminder, are now part of the standard safety kit offered across the lineup.
- Features like automatic headlamps with escort function, automatic AC, rear AC vents, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, BOSE sound system, digital instrument cluster, BlueLink-connected car tech, cruise control, wireless charger and electric sunroof, etc., have been retained from the previous model.
Hyundai has offered the 2023 i20 with a new Amazon Grey paint scheme, along with Titan Grey, Typhoon Silver, Atlas White, Fiery Red, and Starry Night options. The Atlas White and Fiery Red hues can also be had with a blacked-out roof option.
With the facelift update, the Hyundai i20 has ditched the 1-litre turbocharged petrol engine option. Now, it will be offered only with the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that makes 83PS and 114Nm, mated to a 5-speed manual or a CVT (continuously variable transmission).
In the premium hatchback segment, the i20 locks horns with the Toyota Glanza, Maruti Baleno, and Tata Altroz.