2022 Tata Tigor EV Launched With New Features; Improved Range
After tons of teaser and speculations, Tata Motors has now finally launched the updated version of the Tigor EV sedan with more features and an enhanced drive range. It also receives a new range-topping variant called XZ+ Lux. Here’s a look at its updated variant lineup and prices: –
|Tata Tigor EV Variants||Ex-Showroom Price|
|XT (new)||Rs 12,99,000|
|XZ+ LUX||Rs 13,75,000|
2022 Tata Tigor EV – What’s New?
- For starters, Tata Motors has updated the variant lineup of the Tigor EV. It has introduced two new variants: XT and XZ+ Lux. The former actually replaces the previous XM trim.
- The new Tata Tigor EV has received a few new features that will help the sedan in getting a decent range in real-world conditions. These include cruise control, multi-level regenerative braking and tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS). It also receives a tyre puncture repair kit, leatherette upholstery, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, rain-sensing wipers, auto headlamps, and connected car technology, enhancing the sense of luxury & comfort.
- Similar to the Nexon EV Prime, existing Tigor EV owners can get some of these features free of cost through a software update.
- Tata has also introduced a new Magnetic Red colour option for the Tigor EV.
- Powering the 2022 Tata Tigor EV is the same IP67-rated 26kWh liquid-cooled battery pack, but its range has now been improved from 306 km to 315 km on a single charge. However, its Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor will continue to make 74.7PS of maximum power and 170Nm of peak torque.
Also Read: Tata Tiago EV: Which Variant You Should Buy?