2022 Maruti Baleno Facelift Mileage Figures and Safety Features Leaked
Latest Update: Facelifted Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.35 lakh (ex-showroom). Click here for details.
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch 2022 facelifted Baleno in the upcoming days. While we already know about its updated design and some of its new features, we have now got our hands on its variants, safety & convenience features, engine specifications, and mileage details: –
- The upgraded hatchback will be offered in six variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta, Zeta (O) (NEW), Alpha, and Alpha (O) (NEW).
- It will only be available with the 90PS/113Nm 1.2-litre Dualjet DuaVVT petrol engine with an idle start/stop function. It won’t get the mild-hybrid system this time.
- While a 5-speed manual will continue to be available as standard, a new and more affordable 5-speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) will replace the ongoing CVT automatic unit.
- This new automatic gearbox will be offered on all variants except for the base-spec Sigma trim.
- Going by the leaked document, the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno will return a mileage of 22.35 kmpl with manual and 22.94 kmpl with AMT.
- Compared to the existing model (pre-facelift version), the 2022 Maruti Baleno manual’s mileage has been dropped by 1.52 kmpl, probably due to the lack of mild-hybrid technology and slightly increased weight of the car.
- As far as the automatic gearbox is concerned, the introduction of AMT has led to an increase in fuel efficiency by 3.38 kmpl.
- In terms of features, the 2022 Maruti Baleno facelift will get a host of new features, including rear AC vents, a 9-inch floating Smartplay Pro+ infotainment system with connected car technology, AI voice assistant, a heads-up display (segment’s first), A & C-type USB charging ports in rear, cruise control, flat-bottom steering wheel, and much more.
- The new Baleno facelift will also be offered with up to six airbags, 360-degree camera, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Hill Hold Assist, ISOFIX child seat mounts, etc.
Bookings for the upgraded hatchback are already underway for a token amount of Rs 11,000. Expect it to command a significant premium over the ongoing model, which retails from Rs 6.14 lakh to Rs 9.66 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Once launched, it will square off against the Hyundai i20, Tata Altroz, Volkswagen Polo, and Honda Jazz.
Stay tuned to Gaadify for more such updates! Also, subscribe to our YouTube channel.