Toyota Fortuner Facelift has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 29.89 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Ford Endeavour rival is offered in two levels of trims (Standard & Legender) and two engine options (2.7L petrol & 2.8L diesel). Here’s a quick recap of the new Fortuner's engine specification: –
No of cylinders
166PS @ 5200rpm
204PS @ 3400rpm
245Nm @ 4000rpm
420Nm @ 1400-3400rpm (manual)
500Nm @ 1600-2800rpm (automatic)
6-speed manual/torque converter automatic
6-speed manual/torque converter automatic
Color Options: –
The standard trim of the Toyota Fortuner facelift is available in 8 exterior color options –
- Sparkling Black crystal shine (NEW)
- Super White
- Pearl White
- Grey Metallic
- Silver Metallic
- Attitude Black
- Phantom Brown
- Avant-Garde Bronze
The Fortuner Legender meanwhile is available in a dual-tone pearl white & matte black paint scheme only.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift – Price
The full price list of the updated Toyota Fortuner is as follows: –
2021 Toyota Fortuner Variants
4×2 Manual (petrol)
Rs 29.98 lakh
4×2 Automatic (petrol)
Rs 31.57 lakh
4×2 Manual (diesel)
Rs 32.48 lakh
4×2 Automatic (diesel)
Rs 34.84 lakh
4×4 Manual (diesel)
Rs 35.14 lakh
4×4 Automatic (diesel)
Rs 37.43 lakh
Legender 4×2 Automatic (diesel)
Rs 37.58 lakh
*All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.
2021 Toyota Fortuner – Variant-wise features details
Now let’s get into the variant-wise features details of the new Toyota Fortuner: –
1. Toyota Fortuner Standard
The Toyota Fortuner standard comprises all the above variants except for the top-spec Legender trim. Here’s what it offers: –
- Exterior – Dusk sensing LED headlamps with LED guidelines, LED DRL with integrated turn indicators, trapezoid-shaped grille with chrome highlights, machine-cut alloy wheels (2WD) / super chrome alloy wheel (4WD), LED fog lamps, rear fog lamps, powered tailgate with height adjust memory & jam protection, ORVM with turn indicators, puddle lamps, skid plate.
- Wheel Size – 265/65 R17 (2WD), 265/60 R18 (4WD).
- Interior – Leather seats, cabin wrapped in soft upholstery, metallic accents, and woodgrain-patterned ornamentation, heat rejection glass, centre console box with soft armrest, cooled upper glovebox, 60:40 2nd row seats with split-fold, slide, recline and one-touch tumble function, 3rd Row: one-touch easy space-up seat with recline function.
- Safety – 7 airbags, ABS with EBD, VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) with brake assist, HAC (Hill Assist Control), traction control, anti-theft alarm with ultrasonic sensor & glass break sensor, speed auto-lock with emergency unlock, ISOFIX child seat, emergency brake signal, front seatbelts with pre-tensioner & force limiter, front & rear parking sensors with a rear-view camera.
- Comfort & Convenience – Smart entry with engine start/stop button, power-adjustable & foldable ORVMs, power-adjustable front seats with ventilation function, color TFT driver's display, dual-zone auto climate control with rear AC vents, tilt & telescopic adjustable steering, auto-dimming IRVM, power steering with variable flow control (diesel), all power windows with one-touch up/down function, paddle shifters (automatic model only), automatic idling stop/start function (diesel-automatic only).
- Driving modes – ECO / PWR modes (petrol), ECO / NORMAL / SPORT mode (diesel).
- Infotainment / Entertainment – An 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth, USB, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay smartphone connectivity, connected car technology (geofencing, real-time vehicle tracking, walk to the car, and many more), steering mounted audio, telephony & MID controls, 6 speakers / 11-speaker JBL audio system (4×4 only).
- Off-Road Features – Active Traction Control (A-TRC), approach angle- 0.51 radian, departure angle- 0.44 radian, high & low range gearbox (4×4 only), lockable differential (4×4 only), downhill assist control (4×4 only), Electronic Drive Control (4×4 only), auto-limited slip differential.
2. Toyota Fortuner Legender
The newly introduced Fortuner Legender variant is only available in a 4×2 diesel-automatic powertrain, which costs Rs 37.58 lakh (ex-showroom).
Features (over standard trim): –
- Exterior – Split quad-LED headlamps with waterfall LED guideline signature, sequential turn indicators, Lexus like the front grille, catamaran-style front & rear bumper, contrast black roof & ORVM, multilayer machine cut alloy wheels.
- Wheel Size – 265/60 R18.
- Interior –Black & Maroon dual-tone upholstery, galaxy black patterned ornamentation, ambient lighting (instrument center, front door trims, footwell area), contrast maroon stitching.
- Comfort & Convenience – Rear USB Port, wireless mobile charger, kick sensor for tailgate opening.
- Off-Road Features – Unlike the standard diesel trim, the Legender variant only gets Active Traction Control (A-TRC) and auto-limited slip differential features. However, its approach & departure angles are similar to the standard model.