200,000th Tata Punch Rolls Off Production Line
Tata Motors reaches a significant milestone as the carmaker has rolled out the 2,00,000th unit of the Punch from its Pune plant, achieving this feat in just 20 months since the sub-compact SUV’s launch in October 2021.
- Tata Punch sets an outstanding milestone in the Indian automotive industry, becoming the fastest SUV to reach 100,000 units produced in a remarkable 10-month timeframe.
- Total wholesales of Punch from launch until March 2023: 186,535 units in the domestic market.
- Average monthly sales from January to April 2023: 11,249 units.
- Expected to surpass the 200,000 sales mark in the first half of May 2023.
- The fiscal year 2023 wholesales: 133,819 units, a robust 153% YoY growth compared to FY2022 (52,716 units).
- Ranked fourth in India’s Top 30 utility vehicles for FY2023, surpassing its performance in calendar year 2022 (129,895 units).
Must Read: Tata Punch Set To Get Electric Version
Powering the Tata Punch is a 1.2-litre petrol engine (88PS/115Nm), paired with either a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT. The brand also offers it with a factory-fitted CNG kit, mated only to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Currently, the Tata Punch ranges between Rs 6 lakh to Rs 9.52 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and goes up against the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, Citroen eC3 and the upcoming Hyundai Exter.