Yamaha has increased the prices of its fully-faired entry-level sports bike, the R15 V3 by up to Rs 2,700. Here’s take a look at the revised price list: –
Yamaha R15 V3.0 Colour
*All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
- The prices of Yamahas R15 V3.0 Thunder Grey and Dark Knight color variant are uniformly increased by Rs 2,700, whereas the most demanded Racing Blue variant has got the least hike of Rs 500.
- Despite the price hike, the R15 V3 still undercuts the KTM RC 125 by Rs 11,966, whereas the price is as par with the Bajaj Pulsar RS200 (Rs 1,52,179).
- To justify the price hike, Yamaha hasn't made any changes to the mechanicals or features list of the bike. It continues to be driven by a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that produces 18.6PS and 14.1Nm. The motor comes paired to a 6-speed gearbox with an assist-and-slipper clutch.
- Underpinnings of the bike also remain unchanged, comprising a delta box frame suspended on a telescopic front fork and preload-adjustable monoshock at the rear. Disc brakes on both ends with dual-channel ABS do their duty to bring the bike to halt.
- The fluidic styling of R15 V3 is the core reason for its success in the Indian market. It borrows its design cues from the Yamaha R6. As far as the features are concerned, it gets twin LED headlights, an all-digital instrument console with a side stand engine cut-off switch, assist-and-slipper clutch, a step-up seat, clip-on handlebars, etc. It also gets a wide range of accessories to personalise the bike.