Volvo C40 Recharge Launched At Rs 61.25 Lakh
After being unveiled in June this year, the Volvo C40 Recharge has finally been launched in India at Rs 61.25 lakh (introductory, ex-showroom). At this price point, it is Rs 4.35 lakh more expensive than the XC40 Recharge SUV.
Powertrain and Range
- Volvo has provided the C40 Recharge with a 78kWh battery pack, linked to a dual-motor AWD setup delivering a combined output of 408PS and 660Nm with a 40:60 front and rear power ratio, good enough to complete the century run in just 4.7 seconds. It claims a range of up to 530 km on a single charge.
- When it comes to charging, the EV supports DC fast charging of up to 150 kW capacity, which takes roughly 28 minutes for 10-80%. On the other hand, an 11 kW home charge will take around 7.5 hours for a full charge.
Volvo C40 Recharge – Design and Dimensions
- For those who aren’t aware, the Volvo C40 Recharge is essentially a coupe version of the XC40 Recharge SUV. Having said that, the main difference in their appearance lies in their silhotte where the C40 features a slopping roofline merging into the rear windscreen.
- From the front, the C40 looks largely similar to its SUV counterpart, flaunting LED headlamps with integrated Thor’s hammer DRLs, closed-off grille and sharply designed bumper with fog lamps.
- Underpinned on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform,, the SUV coupe measures 4,431mm in length, 1,863mm in width and 1,582mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,702mm and a boot space of 413 litres.
Interior and Features
Inside, the C40 Recharge features an identical dashboard layout to the XC40 Recharge, with key features including –
- A portrait-style 9-inch touchscreen with Android OS and in-built Google Maps and Google Assistant
- A 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Dual-zone climate control
- Powered front seats with heating & cooling function
- Memory function for driver’s seat
- 13-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
- Panoramic sunroof
- Wireless smartphone charging
- 360-degree camera
- Multiple airbags
- ADAS tech, comprising dynamic cruise control, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring system, parking assistant, etc.
Also Read: Facelifted Tata Nexon EV Teased; Launch Soon