Volkswagen Made Big Announcements For Taigun and Virtus
It’s a good day for Volkswagen fans as the German manufacturer has made a series of announcements for the Taigun SUV and Virtus sedan that are sure to please you.
Manual Gearbox For GT Trims
- Volkswagen has revealed plans to launch the top-of-the-line Taigun GT Plus trim with a 6-speed manual gearbox and the second-from-the-top GT variant with a 7-speed DCT automatic unit. With this, both the trims will now be getting manual and DCT units.
- The Virtus 1.5 TSI GT and GT Plus trims, which only get a 7-speed DCT, will also receive a 6-speed manual gearbox option.
Limited Edition Models and New Color Options
- Volkswagen will also introduce a new ‘GT Edge Limited Collection’ of the Virtus and Taigun GT Plus in both manual and automatic versions.
- The special edition models will get an exclusive ‘Deep Black Pearl’ finish.
- The Taigun Limited Edition will also be offered in a Carbon Steel Matte hue.
- The ‘Lava Blue‘ paint shade, which has been well-received on numerous Skoda models and was recently added to the Slavia and Kushaq, will now be available on all variants of the Volkswagen Virtus and Taigun.
- The GT Plus trim of the Volkswagen Taigun also gets two new liveries – Trail Concept and Sport Concept.
- In the Trail Concept, the rear three-quarters of the vehicle will be adorned with body graphics, while the roof rack and alloys will be coated in black.
- In the Sport Concept, a checkered flag-inspired design graces the lower section of the doors and rear fender, along with a TSI sticker located on the rear doors.
Launch In June
The pricing details for the aforementioned new variants will be revealed in June 2023, and their deliveries will begin shortly thereafter.