Top 10 Selling Cars In India In August 2023
In August 2023, car sales registered an upward trend for most of the top 10 automakers in India when compared to the last year. And on an interesting note, Maruti Suzuki secured as many as eight vehicles in the list of the top 10 best-selling cars last month.
|Models||August 2023||August 2022||July 2023||YoY Growth||MoM Growth|
- Similar to July 2023, the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Baleno hatchbacks maintain their lead in the top 10 list, with sales of more than 18 thousand units for each model. Interestingly, the Swift recorded the highest Year-on-Year (YoY) growth.
- With a 20 per cent MoM jump, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR secured second spot on the list.
- Despite the negative growth, the Maruti Suzuki Brezza managed to secure the fourth place on the list, becoming the highest-selling SUV of the month.
- The Tata Punch micro-SUV finished in fifth place, with 14,523 units sales.
- The Hyundai Creta is the sole mid-size SUV, retaining its position in the top 10 list.
- The remaining four places were taken by Dzire, Ertiga, Fronx, and Eeco, with the Ertiga registering the second-highest YoY growth on the list.