Tata Cars To Get Expensive From Tomorrow
- Prices of select Tata cars will be increased by an average 0.9 percent from tomorrow.
- This has been done to offest the increased production costs.
- Prices of select variants will also see reduction in price by up to Rs 10,000.
- The eaxct quantum of the price hike will be annouced tomorrow.
- Customers who have booked any Tata model on or before 18th January 2022, will have to pay the old price.
A rise in input costs has forced Tata Motors to increase the prices of its passenger cars. The homegrown carmaker has said that the price hike will be around 0.9 percent, depending on the variant and model. However, based on the feedback received from the customers, the prices of select variants will also see a reduction of up to Rs 10,000.
The new prices will be effective from January 19, 2022, i.e. tomorrow.
Here’s what Tata Motors has stated in its press statement: –
Extends price protection yet again on bookings till January 18, 2022
Tata Motors, India’s leading vehicle manufacturer has announced a marginal price hike on its passenger vehicles. Effective January 19, 2022, an average increase of 0.9% will be implemented, depending on the variant and model. At the same time, the Company has also taken a reduction of up to Rs 10,000 on specific variants, in response to feedback from customers.
While the company is absorbing a significant portion of the increased costs, the steep rise in overall input costs has compelled it to pass on some proportion through this minimal price hike.
In line with the company’s customer-first approach, it has again decided to offer price protection to all its customers who have reposed the faith and confidence in the Tata Motors’ New Forever range. Assures no impact on Tata cars booked on or before January 18, 2022.