Tata Altroz Gets CNG Powertrain; Bookings Open
Showcased at the 2023 Auto Expo, Tata Motors has finally started accepting bookings for the Altroz CNG at Rs 21,000. It is available on four trims of the premium hatch — XE, XM+, XZ, and XZ+.
What Powers The Altroz CNG?
- The eco-friendly Tata Altroz’s power source remains the same 1.2-litre, 3-cyl, petrol engine (86PS/113Nm) paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. However, when fed with CNG, the engine produces a slightly lower output of 77PS and 97Nm.
- Equipped with Tata’s latest twin CNG cylinder technology, the Altroz provides adequate boot space for your long-distance travel needs. However, the exact volume is yet to be revealed.
- Just like other Tata CNG cars, the Altroz iCNG also allows direct start-up in CNG mode, eliminating any need for switching between fuel modes.
Since the Altroz CNG also comes in the range-topping XZ+ trim of the hatch, you won’t have to compromise on the feature front. Having said that, it will come kitted with the following notable features: –
- Leatherette upholstery
- 7-inch touchscreen system
- Connected car technology
- Cruise control
- Keyless entry with push button start-stop
- Mood lighting
- Auto projector headlamps and rain-sensing wipers
- Dual front airbags
- Rear parking camera
Tata has offered the Altroz iCNG in four colour options – Opera Blue, Downtown Red, Arcade Grey and Avenue White.
We expect the Altroz CNG to command a premium of Rs 90,000 over their respective petrol counterparts.
The Tata Altroz competes head-to-head with the Maruti Baleno, Hyundai i20, and Toyota Glanza in the mid-size hatchback segment. However, only the Glanza and Baleno offer CNG powertrain options, leaving the i20 out of the eco-friendly race.