After increasing the asking prices of the Intruder and Gixxer range last month, the Japanese automaker Suzuki has once again increased the ex-showroom rates of these motorcycles. Last time the hike for most of the bikes was around Rs 186, save for the Gixxer SF that observed a raise of Rs 1,216. This time the hike is more severe, as the surge ranges between Rs 2,013 to Rs 2,074.
Here are the revised prices: –
Suzuki Gixxer SF
Suzuki Gixxer 250
Suzuki Gixxer SF 250
Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 MotoGP
*All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.
- It is important to note that Suzuki hasn't made any mechanical or cosmetic changes to excuse the price hike.
- The reason for the price hike hasn't been shared by the maker.
- In the 160cc segment, the Suzuki Gixxer naked streetfighter rivals the likes of Bajaj Pulsar NS 160 (Rs 1.10 lakh), TVS Apache RTR 160 4V (Rs 1.07 – 1.10 lakh), Hero Xtreme 160R (Rs 1.03 – 1.06 lakh), and the Yamaha FZ version 3.0 (Rs 1.07 – 1.09 lakh. It was already the most pricey bike in the segment, and with the price bump, it has become even more expensive, which might affect its sales.
- The most popular Suzuki motorcycle, the Gixxer SF fully-faired motorcycle has no direct rival in the Indian market. However, the Yamaha R15 (Rs 1.47 – 1.50 lakh) and the Hero Xtreme 200s (Rs 1.17 lakh) can be considered its closest alternatives.
- The Gixxer 250 is priced competitively against its core rivals- Yamaha FZ 25 (Rs 1.52 lakh), and Bajaj Dominar 250 (Rs 1.67 lakh). There aren’t any direct rivals to the Suzuki Gixxer 250 SF.
- The Suzuki Intruder cruiser, on the other hand, now demands as much money as the Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 (Rs 1.24 lakh).