At the Motoverse 2023 in Goa, Royal Enfield showcased the Shotgun 650 bobber motorcycle alongside the new Himalayan 450. It was presented in a custom hand-painted blue colour scheme, of which only 25 units will be made. Priced at Rs 4.25 lakh (ex-showroom), these custom-painted Shotgun 650 units will be exclusively available for sale to attendees of the Motoverse event.
Royal Enfield Shotgun 650 – A Quick Glimpse
- First unveiled in a concept avatar at the EICMA 2021, the Royal Enfield Shotgun 650 is a bobber-style motorcycle, marking the fourth model based on the brand’s 650cc platform, joining the Interceptor, Continental GT, and Super Meteor 650 in the league.
- Powered by the same 648cc, parallel-twin engine as the Super Meteor, the Shotgun will come in a different state of tune, which is yet to be revealed.
- Design-wise, the Shotgun has a retro appeal with chunky bikini fairing housing the LED headlamps, a round fuel tank, a flat & wide handlebar for upright position, chrome-finished bar-end mirrors, and a cantilever floating-seat design. Furthermore, its mid-mounted pegs and chopped fender contribute to its authentic American bobber appeal.
- Speaking of the underpinnings, the Shotgun 650 sports an inverted front fork, twin-shock rear absorbers, and fat Ceat rubbers.
- It has disc brakes at both ends with a dual-channel Antilock Braking System (ABS) as standard.
- Other notable features include an all-LED lighting system and a semi-digital instrument cluster with a tripper navigation pod.