Renault Kiger Upgraded With New Features, Variants and Colour Options
- 2022 Renault Kiger now gets a cruise control feature.
- Visual upgrades are limited to turbocharged variants.
- A new exterior paint option is on offer.
- No mechanical changes have been made.
Renault India has upgraded its Kiger sub-4m SUV for 2022, with minor cosmetic changes, a new body shade, and more features, making it a more attractive offering against the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Mahindra XUV300, and Nissan Magnite.
2022 Renault Kiger – What’s New?
– Cosmetic Changes: Renault has made some nominal decorative revisions to Kiger’s turbo-petrol variants. These include the addition of a front faux skid plate, ‘TURBO’ decals on the doors, red inserts on the alloy wheels’ hub cap, and a chrome strip that covers the width of the tailgate.
The red inserts make their way inside the cabin as well. That said, it gets a sportier red accent on the dashboard and red stitching for the new quilted fabric seats.
– New Colour Scheme: Updating Kiger’s colour palette, the French carmaker has offered a new Metal Mustard (with optional black roof) colour option for the SUV.
– New Features: In order to boost buyers’ convenience, Renault has now equipped the Kiger with cruise control, and made the PM 2.5 AC filter a standard fitment. Also, the wireless mobile charger will now come factory fitted instead as an accessory.
– Variant Rejig: Customers now can opt for the turbo-petrol engine with the Kiger’s RXT (O) trim as well. Earlier, it was limited to the naturally aspirated petrol engine only.
– Revised Prices: With all these changes, the Renault Kiger has undergone a marginal price hike. It is now priced from Rs 5.84 lakh to Rs 10.22 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The variant-wise new prices will be updated soon.
No mechanical changes have been made to the SUV. The Kiger continues to be available with the 72PS 1.0-litre naturally aspirated and 100PS 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engines. While a 5-speed manual is standard, the NA mill can also be had with a 5-speed AMT. On the other hand, the turbocharged motor comes with an optional CVT automatic transmission.