Morris Garages launched the ZS EV last year in January month. It is performing decently on the sales chart. But now, to make it more accessible to customers, the brand has introduced a subscription plan for this electric SUV under its MG Subscribe initiative. With this, it has become the second electric car to be offered with subscription plans after the Tata Nexon EV.
It is important to note that only the base-spec Excite variant of the ZS EV is available on lease to start with, which costs Rs 20.88 lakh (ex-showroom) if bought outright. For now, the subscription option is being offered in four major cities: Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, and Bengaluru, while more cities will be added soon. Under this program, the MG ZS EV comes with flexible subscription options ranging from 24 to 60 months. The prices of the subscription plans are as follows: –
Prices in Delhi
(monthly prices for 1000km usage)
- It is important to note that the subscription prices vary from city to city and as per the monthly usage plan. The rates are inclusive of all taxes.
- The plan rates also include the charges of comprehensive insurance coverage, periodic servicing & maintenance, roadside assistance, doorstep delivery, and vehicle sanitization.
- As the above table indicates, the minimum leasing tenure is of two years, and it has the highest monthly subscription rate of Rs 62,549 for 1000 kilometers. Beyond the permissible limit, MG will charge Rs 9 per KM. However, if your usage is high then you can select your plan accordingly.
- The subscription price reduces as the number of months in the plan increases.
- Besides the personal subscription plans, MG is also offering the option of shared subscriptions, which allows the users to share their subscribed car with other “renters” by listing it on Zoomcar via MG’s subscription management website.
About the MG ZS EV Excite Variant
As mentioned above, only the base-spec Excite variant of the ZS EV is available on a subscription basis. It comes equipped with features like automatic projector headlamps, machined-cut alloy wheel, LED DRLs, auto AC with rear AC vents, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple Carplay, 4-speakers, powered outside rear-view mirrors, keyless entry with push start/stop button, Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) with 3 levels, multiple driving modes (Eco, Sport & Normal), height-adjustable driver's seat, etc.
Safety is covered by 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, Brake Assist, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), traction control, hill start assist, hill descent assist, electric parking brakes, rear parking sensors with camera, tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), all-wheels disc brakes, 3-point seatbelt for all passengers with pre-tensioners, pedestrian warning system, speed sensing auto door lock, ISOFIX child seat anchor, and many more.
The MG ZS EV is powered by a three-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor (143PS/353Nm), which draws its power from the 44.5kWh battery pack. It offers an ARAI-claimed range of 340km and takes 6-8 hours to charge the battery from 0 to 80% using a 7kW wall AC charger. It also supports 50kW DC fast charging which can juice it up to 80% in just 50 minutes.
In the passenger electric vehicle segment, the ZS EV is positioned against the likes of the Hyundai Kona Electric, which is priced from Rs 23.75 lakh to Rs 23.94 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It can deliver an ARAI-tested range of 452km on a single charge.