Nissan Becomes Official Partner of The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023
- Nissan has renewed its partnership with the ICC for the 8th consecutive year as the official sponsor for the upcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, which will take place in India from October 5 to November 19, 2023.
- The Nissan Magnite sub-4m SUV will be the official car for this season.
- A special KURO Edition has been introduced to celebrate the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023.
- The carmaker will showcase the Magnite SUV at the stadium.
- It will organise various on-ground engagement activities across the tournament, in addition to promoting the tournament Trophy Tour, which is currently on a journey across multiple cities in India, with the introduction of a 3D trophy in malls.
Nissan Magnite – A Quick Intro
- Nissan retails the Magnite SUV between Rs 6 lakh to Rs 11.02 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It comes in five broad variants (XE, XL, XV Executive, XV and XV Premium), and two engine options: a 1-litre naturally aspirated engine (72PS/96Nm) and a 1-litre turbo-petrol engine (100PS/up to 160Nm).
- Regarding features, the SUV packs a host of premium equipment, such as an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, push-button start/stop, auto AC with rear vents, cruise control, along with various optional features, including JBL speakers, ambient lighting, wireless phone charger, air purifier, and puddle lamps.
- For safety, it gets dual front airbags, electronic stability control, a 360-degree camera, a hill-start assist, and a tyre pressure monitoring system.
- In the Indian market, the Magnite fares against the likes of Renault Kiger, Tata Nexon, Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Brezza, and Mahindra XUV300.
Commenting on the announcement Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India said, “Nissan is pleased to be the Official partner of all ICC tournaments and is delighted to have the Big, Bold, Beautiful Nissan Magnite as the Official car of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. It is a proud moment for Nissan to introduce the Nissan Magnite KURO Special Edition in commemoration of its 8th year partnership, for this tournament Nissan will engage with multiple activities with millions of cricket fans on their deep passion strengthening its bonds, especially in India where cricket is a festival.”