Next-Gen Renault Duster/Terrano, A Compact EV and A New Nissan MPV Incoming To India
As many as three new models will be introduced by Renault in our market by 2024-25. A USD 500 million investment would back this new plan. These models will be developed with Nissan and will be introduced under the Japanese carmaker’s umbrella as well. Here’s everything that you need to know about the Renault-Nissan Group’s new product strategy: –
- As per the Renault-Nissan Group’s latest announcement, the shared models for India will include new compact SUVs, a new compact electric vehicle (EV), and a Nissan MPV that is likely to be based on the Renault Triber.
- While the group hasn’t given the model details, it is likely to introduce the new-gen Renault Duster / Nissan Teranno to our shores. They are likely to be launched by 2024-25.
- Both carmakers are also evaluating an entry-level electric vehicle (EV) for India and Latin America that will be based on the CMF-AEV common module family platform. There is no word yet on what the carmaker’s first EV for India will be, but it will likely be a model that will be affordable for the masses.
Also Read: 2023 Renault Kwid, Triber and Kiger Launched – RDE Compliant
- A new MPV from Nissan will be launched in India based on the Renault Triber’s CMF-A+ platform. It will be a heavily localised product and will differ in terms of styling from its Renault counterpart. In the immediate future, Nissan’s outlets, which currently only sell the Magnite and Kicks SUVs, are expected to see a surge in foot traffic from this new MPV.
- It has not yet been revealed when the abovestated models will launch.
In other news, a number of Nissan’s global models were showcased last year in India, which includes the X-Trail, Qashqai, and Juke. The first two models will be tested on our shores for suitability in the Indian market.