New Triumph Street Triple RS Launched
Triumph Motorcycles India has finally launched the much-awaited new Street Triple RS in India yesterday i.e. 22 April 2020. The bike was launched through the online platform 'Twitter' instead of the conventional offline way, due to the lockdown imposed due to the spread of the pandemic in the country.
Triumph Street triple RS: Features & Specifications
It showcases the following features:-
- It is powered by a 765cc, inline 3 cylinders, DOHC, liquid-cooled engine which churns max power of 123 PS and max torque of 79 Nm. The engine is BS6 compliant. It comes with a slipper clutch with a 6-speed gearbox and quick-shifter.
- It gets revised eye-shaped headlamps which gives it an angry and aggressive sleek style. The headlamps and DRLs both are full LEDs.
- As for brakes, it gets twin 310mm discs in front and a single 220mm disc at the rear.
- It comes with a 5-inch full-colour TFT instrument cluster and has 5 riding modes.
- For the suspension duty, triumph provided Showa 41 mm upside down big piston forks in the front and Ohlins STX40 fully-adjustable piggyback reservoir in the rear.
- Kerb weight of Triumph street triple RS is 166 kg.
- Its fuel tank capacity is 17.4 litres.
It will be offered in two colours namely- Matt Jet Black with Aluminium Silver and Yellow decals, and Silver Ice with Diablo Red and Aluminium Silver decals. Triumph is also offering 50+ genuine Triumph accessories for the bike
Surprisingly, the Triumph hasn't changed the rate of street triple RS, despite the bs6 update. Like its BS4 version, it still carries the Rs, 11.13 lakh (ex-showroom) price tag.
It will rival against the likes of KTM Duke 790, Suzuki GSX S750 and Kawasaki Z900.