MG eHS Plug-In Hybrid SUV Displayed At Auto Expo 2023
MG Motor India has displayed the eHS plug-in hybrid model at the ongoing Auto Expo 2023. It’s a C-segment SUV that is already available in several markets, including Europe and Thailand.
Powering the MG eHS is a 1.5-litre turbocharged direct injection petrol engine that makes 161PS at 5500 rpm and 250Nm of torque between 1700~4300 rpm. It comes mated to a high-performance electric motor to produce a combined power output of 248PS and 480Nm. Running on its 16.6kWh battery alone, the MG EHS PHEV can run up to 52 kilometres.
Speaking of the performance, the MG EHS can complete the century sprint in just 6.9 seconds before attaining a top speed of 190 kmph.
Design-wise, the MG eHS looks similar to the pre-facelift version of the ZS EV, featuring an elegant Star grille with the MG badge in the centre. The chrome finish around the framing of the grille and fog lamps, as well as for lower air intake, gives it an imposing look. Further enhancing its overall appearance is the nine-crystal LED design embedded in the LED headlamp.
Features highlights of the SUV includes: –
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Auto headlamps and wipers
- Power tailgate
- Panoramic sunroof
- 10.1-inch floating touchscreen infotainment
- 12.3-inch digital driver’s display
- 6-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support and Passenger’s 4-way adjustable seat
- Dual-zone AC
- Heated front seat
- Front & rear parking sensors
- 360° camera
- Six airbags
- Mg Pilot (ADAS Suite): Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Intelligent High Beam Control (IHC), Speed Assistance System (SAS), Front Collision Warning (FCW), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Traffic Jam Assistance (TJA), Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR), Lane Keep Assistance (LKA), Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM), Rear Traffic Alear (RTA) and Lane Change Warning (LCW).
MG hasn’t made any official announcement regarding its India launch. It has been displayed only for market evaluation purposes.