MG Comet EV Launched; Price Start From Rs 7.98 Lakh
Latest Update: MG Motor India has finally revealed the full price list of the Comet EV.
MG Motor has finally launched India’s smallest four-seater electric vehicle, the Comet EV, at a starting price of Rs 7.98 lakh (introductory, ex-showroom). The stated price is only for the most basic model of the Comet EV. However, we can expect to learn about the pricing for other variants in the upcoming days.
Interested customers can take test drives of the vehicle from April 27, while bookings for the same will commence on May 15, 2023.
MG Comet EV – Battery, Range, and charging Time
- The Comet EV comes with a 17.3kWh battery pack paired with a rear-axle mounted PMS motor, rated at 41PS and 110Nm.
- It is claimed to offer a range of up to 230 kilometres on a single charge.
- Using a 3.3kW charger, it can be juiced up to 100 per cent in roughly 7 hours. Surprisingly, it doesn’t support DC fast charging.
|Claimed Range||230 kilometres|
|Motor Type||Permanent magnet synchronous motors (rear axle mounted)|
|Charging Time with 3.3kW charger||5 hrs (10-80%), 7 hours (0-100%)|
Design and Dimensions
- The MG Comet EV is a sub-3-metre two-door hatchback that has the capacity to accommodate up to four passengers (including driver).
- Against the measuring tape, it registers 2974mm in length, 1505mm in width and 1640mm in height, making it even smaller than the Tata Nano. It has a wheelbase of 2010mm.
- Design-wise, the Comet EV sports a tall-boy design with a boxy silhouette.
- The car is fitted with two square-shaped LED headlights with LED strips on both the front and back, along with small wheels and large quarter glass panels that enhance its broad frame while balancing out its unconventional style.
Just like all MG cars, this compact urban vehicle also comes pretty well-loaded. For reference, it gets –
- All-LED lighting system
- Dual floating 10.25-inch screen setup
- Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- Connected car technology with 55+ features
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- Powered ORVMs
- Rotary drive selector
- Manual AC with heater
- Three driving modes
- Three brake regeneration modes
- Dual-Front Airbags
- ISOFIX anchors
- Rear parking sensors with camera
Additionally, it offers three driving modes, namely Eco, Normal, and Sport, as well as three levels of regenerative braking.
The Comet EV is available in five basic colours, namely Apple Green with a Starry Black roof, Candy White with a Starry Black roof, Starry Black, Aurora Silver, and Candy White. Moreover, customers have the option to choose from a range of stickers, graphics, and customization packs to make their Comet EV a stylish and personalized vehicle.
While the Comet EV doesn’t have any direct rival in the Indian market, it can be seen as an affordable alternative to the Tata Tiago EV and Citroen eC3.