MG Comet EV Interior Teased; Launch Soon
We all know that the Comet EV will be the next offering from MG Motor in India. It’s a two-door compact hatchback that will debut in April itself. And in order to build momentum for its arrival, the carmaker has now released the first teaser of its interior.
- Save for the MG badging, the interior of the upcoming Comet EV is identical to its Wuling counterpart (Air EV).
- The EV will get a two-spoke steering wheel with round-shaped audio and voice command controls in contrasting white colour mimicking the old-age Apple iPods.
- Giving it a premium appeal is dual integrated 10.25-inch screens, comprising a touchscreen infotainment and a digital driver’s display.
- Below the infotainment are the central air vents and the rotary dials for automatic climate control.
- We expect this tiny urban EV to also get connected car technology, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, keyless entry, powered ORVMs, and electronic parking brakes.
- The safety kit should include multiple airbags, electronic stability control, rear parking sensors, along with front & rear parking cameras.
- The technical specifications of the Comet EV are still under wraps. We expect it to be offered with two battery pack options, with a claimed range of roughly 300 kilometres.
- Expect the prices of the upcoming MG EV to start from around Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom), with no direct rivals in the Indian market.