MG Comet EV Full Price List Revealed
MG Motor India has finally revealed the complete price list of the all-new Comet EV. Here’s a look at the prices for all variants of this tiny Ubran electric vehicle, including the entry-level Pace variant which was already revealed earlier: –
|MG Comet EV Variants||Introductory Price|
|Pace||Rs 7.98 lakh|
|Play||Rs 9.28 lakh|
|Plus||Rs 9.98 lakh|
All prices ex-showroom.
Note: The above-mentioned prices of the MG Comet EV are introductory and are valid for the first 5,000 units only.
MG Comet EV – Variants Explained
As mentioned above, MG offers the Comet EV in three variants – Pace, Play and Push. While their detailed variant-wise feature breakup is yet to be revealed, the entry-level Pace trim will only come with essentials. Here’s a look: –
|– Starlight black interiors|
– Digital instrument cluster
– Powered side mirrors
– Dual front aibags
– Rear parking sensors
|Over Pace Variant|
– Starlight black interiors
– Twin floating displays, including a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment
– Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto
– Connected car tech with 55+ features
|Over Play Variant|
– Smart start stop
– Digital key with Bluetooth connectivity
– Reverse parking camera
Battery, Range and Charging Options
- Irrespective of the variant option, the MG Comet EV comes with a 17.3kWh battery pack that is claimed to return a range of up to 230 kilometres on a single charge.
- Propulsion duties on this tiny EV are handled by a rear-axle-mounted PMS motor rated at 42PS and 110Nm.
- Speaking of the charging, its battery pack can be juiced up its battery pack from 0 to 100% in roughly 7 hours via a 3.3 kW AC charger.
- It doesn’t support DC fast charging.
|Claimed Range||230 kilometres|
|Motor Type||Permanent magnet synchronous motors (rear axle mounted)|
|Top Speed||105 kmph|
|Charging Time with 3.3kW charger||5 hrs (10-80%), 7 hours (0-100%)|
Bookings To Start Soon
If you’re interested in the MG Comet EV then wait for a few more days as the bookings for this urban commuter hatch will commence from May 15, 2023. However, its test drives are already underway.
Must Read: MG Comet EV: My Observations and Pros & Cons
The Comet EV doesn’t have any direct rival in the Indian market; however, it can be seen as an affordable alternative to the Tata Tiago EV and Citroen eC3.