Mercedes Benz S-Class Recalled Over Water Leakage Issue
- Mercedes Benz India has announced a recall for its luxurious S-Class saloon over a water leakage issue from the firewall.
- According to the car manufacturer, the firewall in the affected unit may not meet the leakage requirement. This could result in water leaking inside the car’s cabin, potentially causing rusting and a short circuit.
- Consequently, the PreSafe system’s functionality may be compromised, posing a higher risk of injury in the event of an accident. Additionally, restarting the parked vehicle may not be possible.
- As per SIAM’s website, only one diesel unit is affected by the recall, manufactured on April 23, 2020.
- This is not the first time that Mercedes Benz has recalled the S-Class. In January this year, 25 units were recalled due to potential mounting issues with the airbag control unit.
Currently, the Mercedes Benz S-Class ranges between Rs 1.71 – 2.17 crore (ex-showroom) and competes with the likes of the Audi A8 and BMW 7 Series.