Maruti Suzuki Jimny Mileage Figures Revealed
Latest Update: The highly anticipated Maruti Suzuki Jimny has finally made its way to the Indian market. Tap here to see its complete price list.
Maruti Suzuki showcased the Jimny 5-door at the Auto Expo in Noida earlier this year but didn’t disclose its official mileage figures. However, now the carmaker has announced the ARAI-tested fuel efficiency of the rugged SUV during the media drive before its launch in the first week of June 2023.
|Maruti Suzuki Jimny||Claimed Fuel Efficiency|
- The Maruti Suzuki Jimny with manual transmission offers a fuel efficiency of 16.94 kmpl, while the automatic variant has a slightly lower figure of 16.39 kmpl.
- The SUV also benefits from an idle start/stop function for optimum fuel efficiency.
- Powering the Maruti Jimny is a 1.5-litre, K15B naturally aspirated petrol engine, which makes roughly 105PS of max power at 6,000 rpm and 134.2Nm of peak torque at 4,000 rpm.
- The Jimny offers two transmission options: a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed torque converter automatic, both equipped with Suzuki’s AllGrip Pro all-wheel drive system. Additionally, it features a low-range transfer case, enhancing driving performance on challenging terrains and steep slopes.
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki Jimny Variants Explained
Over 30K units have been booked so far
- Bookings for the 5-door Jimny are already underway and Maruti Suzuki has reported receiving approximately 30,000 takers so far.
- Due to the tremendous demand for this purpose-built vehicle, customers opting for the manual variants of the Jimny can expect a waiting period of up to 6 months, while those choosing the automatic variants will need to wait for up to 8 months after the vehicle’s launch.
Expected Price and Competitors
- The production of the India-bound Jimny commenced earlier this month at its manufacturing facility in Gurugram. We expect it to range between Rs 10 lakh-12 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Once launched, the rugged off-roader will go up against the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.