Maruti Suzuki Fronx CNG Launched At Rs 8.41 Lakh
- The Maruti Suzuki Fronx is now available with an environment-friendly CNG powertrain at a starting price of Rs 8.41 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It is offered with two variants of the crossover – Sigma and Delta, priced at Rs 8.41 lakh and Rs 9.27 lakh (ex-showroom), respectively, making it Rs 95,000 more expensive than their petrol-only counterparts.
- With this, it has become the 15th model in Maruti Suzuki’s lineup to get a CNG kit. Only Maruti Suzuki Jimny is not available with CNG, and considering its segment, it is unlikely that one will be introduced in the future.
Powertrain and Fuel Efficiency
- Maruti has offered the factory-fitted CNG kit with the Fronx’s 1.2-litre petrol engine that makes 77.5PS and 98.5Nm when fed with natural gas. That’s 12.5PS and 14.5Nm less than the petrol-only mode.
- Similar to other CNG cars, the Fronx CNG is also offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox only. Having said that, the AMT gearbox will continue to be restricted to the 1.2-litre non-CNG variants.
- It is claimed to deliver a fuel efficiency of 28.51 km/kg.
- For those who aren’t aware, Maruti also offers the Fronx with a 1-litre turbocharged petrol engine (100PS/148Nm) that can be teamed with either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Fronx CNG continue to get all the features of their standard counterparts. The key highlights include: –
- A 7-inch touchscreen information system
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Keyless entry
- Automatic climate control
- Powered ORVMs
- Dual front airbags
- Electronic stability program (ESP)
- 3-point seatbelts for all passengers
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
Features like 9-inch infotainment, heads-up display, 360-degree camera, wireless smartphone charger, rear AC vents, cruise control, and six airbags, etc., are limited to the higher variants.
As of now, the Maruti Suzuki Fronx CNG has no direct competitor in the Indian market.