The all-new Maruti Suzuki Fronx has finally been launched, boasting a premium and sturdy design with irresistible features that are sure to captivate sub-4m vehicle buyers. It may even draw the attention of those seeking a higher-segment vehicle. And interestingly, some of its variants are priced very close to those of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza. To make the best choice, some customers might compare the two. Here we’ve got you covered for an informed decision!
|Maruti Fronx||Maruti Brezza|
|1.2 Sigma||Rs 7,46,500||–||LXi||Rs 8,29,00||–|
|1.2 Delta||Rs 8,32,500||Rs 8,87,500||VXi||Rs 9,64,500||Rs 11,14,500|
|1.2 Delta+||Rs 8,72,500||Rs 9,27,500||ZXi||Rs 11,04,500||Rs 12,54,500|
|1.0 Turbo Delta+||Rs 9,72,500||–||ZXi+||Rs 12,48,000||Rs 13,98,000|
|1.0 Turbo Zeta||Rs 10,55,500||Rs 12,05,500||–||–||–|
|1.0 Turbo Alpha||Rs 11,47,500||Rs 12,97,500||–||–||–|
Going by the above table, we’ve put the mid-spec Delta+ turbocharged variant of the Fronx up against the VXi variant of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza – two models that are nearly identical in price (Fronx costs Rs 8,000 more over the Brezza).
Maruti Fronx Delta+ Turbo vs Brezza VXi
1. Design & Dimensions
- Maruti Suzuki Fronx and Brezza have some notable differences in design and dimensions.
- The Fronx has a lot in common with the Maruti Baleno and Grand Vitara. It boasts a sleeker exterior with sharp creases and an imposing front grille. On the other hand, the Brezza has a bold design with a distinctive front fascia and a striking chrome grille.
- In terms of dimensions, the Brezza is slightly wider and taller than the Fronx, giving it a more commanding road presence. The Fronx, however, has a longer wheelbase.
|Length||3,995 mm||3,995 mm|
|Width||1,765 mm||1,790 mm|
|Height||1,550 mm||1,685 mm|
|Wheelbase||2,520 mm||2,500 mm|
|Platform||Heartect||Global-C platform (TECT)|
|Boot Space||308 litres||328 litres|
- Brezza’s C-platform has also been considered a more rigged and safer platform than Fronx’s Heartect architecture.
|Common||Additional Features In Fronx||Additional Features In Brezza|
– Turn indicators on side mirrors
– Roof-end spoilers
– 7-inch touchscreen infotainment
– Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
– 4 Speakers
– Auto AC
– Powered side mirrors
– Power windows
– Tilt-adjustable steering
– Steering-mounted controls
– Adjustable seat headrests
– Dual front airbags
– ABS with EBD
– Hill Hold Assist
– Electronic Stability Control
– Day/night IRVM
– ISOFIX child seat anchors
– Rear defogger
– 3-point belts for all seats
– Anti-theft Security System
|– Auto LED headlamps (multi-reflector)|
– LED DRLs
– Alloy wheels
– Wireless integration support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
– OTA updates support
– Onboard Voice Assistant
– 60:40 split rear seat
|– Bi-halogen projector headlamps|
– Height-adjustable driver’s seat
– Rear AC vents
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki Fronx – All Variants Explained
- Both cars are equally equipped when it comes to safety.
- Maruti Fronx Delta+ trim boasts several feel-good features such as automatic LED headlamps & DRLs, alloy wheels, OTA updates, and voice assistant – all of which are absent in the Brezza VXI variant.
- The Brezza VXI does offer some convenient features over the Fronx, like a height-adjustable driver’s seat and rear AC vents, which can enhance the day-to-day driving experience.
3. Engine Specifications
|Engine Capacity||1-litre Turbocharged Petrol||1.5-litre Naturally Aspirated Petrol|
|No of Cylinders||3||4|
|Gearbox||5-speed manual / 6-speed automatic||5-speed manual / 6-speed automatic|
|Mileage||21.5kmpl / 20.1kmpl||20.15 kmpl / 19.80 kmpl|
- Although the Fronx’s 1-litre turbocharged petrol engine generates slightly less power than the Brezza’s, it produces 10.8Nm more torque. However, being a 4-cylinder unit, the 1.5-litre engine of the Brezza is more refined and provides superior NVH levels.
- The Fronx 1L also claims more fuel efficiency than the Brezza on paper. However, the actual figures might vary in real-world conditions.
Which Car Should You Buy?
- If you prioritize a car with larger dimensions, convenient features, better boot space, and a good resale value, the Maruti Suzuki Brezza VXI is the way to go.
- If you crave a car with a stylish appearance, spirited performance, and more feel-good features, the Fronx Delta+ Turbocharged may just be the ideal choice for you.