Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Kia Achieves New Milestone With Over 1 Lakh Exports From India

Kia India has achieved a new milestone of exporting over 1 lakh vehicles since it began its operations in our country in September 2019. Its primary exports are the Seltos and Sonet SUVs that are shipped to 91 countries across Central America, South America, Africa, Middle-East, and Asia-Pacific regions.

As per the brand, the Kia Seltos accounts for nearly 77 percent of its total exports, while the rest 23 percent of the shipments is of Sonet. Compared to CY2020, Kia India’s exports increased by 23 percent in CY2021. That said, the brand shipped over 46,261 units last year.

Speaking on Kia’s achievement, Tae-Jin- Park, MD & CEO, Kia India said-

India is a strategic geography for Kia Corporation, not only in terms of sales but also in terms of developing India as a manufacturing and export hub. To meet the world’s growing demand for SUVs, our hi-tech Anantapur plant has become one of the most critical production hubs for compact and medium-sized SUVs. We are extremely pleased that our India-centric models, Seltos and Sonet, have performed admirably in the international market; highlighting the fact that our Indian products are truly global in nature. We are now excited to continue building on this positive momentum with the India manufacturing facility being the mother plant for Carens, serving the world.

For those who aren’t aware, Kia India’s PV portfolio currently consists of the Sonet sub-4m SUV, Seltos mid-size SUV, Carnival luxury MPV, and the soon-to-be-launched Carens 6/7-seater MPV that will also be exported to over 80 countries across the globe.