The sales figures of June 2020 are out, they might seem underwhelming at first glance. We believe that there is more to it than just the numbers. In fact, the moment when we compare these car sales numbers with their subsequent sales in May, we get a clear portrayal of the improvement in sales.
June Sale 2020
May Sales 2020
Maruti Vitara Brezza
- Though Maruti Alto managed to top the sales charts.
- The popular SUV cousins Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos closed at a figure marginally less than Alto.
- All-time Popular Maruti Suzuki cars like WagonR, Brezza, Baleno, and Dzire which have managed to feature among the most sold cars for the last few years now, have sold in decent numbers.
- Cars like Hyundai Elite i20 and Maruti Swift might have regularly featured among the top 10 sold cars for the past few years, they were not able to make the cut in June’20.
- Two of the most popular sub-4m SUVs, Maruti Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Venue raked up close sales figures.
- Only Tiago made it into the top 10 from Tata's side.
Automobile Industry has not been enjoying the best of the times in the past couple of years, and the complete shutdown for several of months due to the COVID-19 pandemic only made the matter worse, but it is great to see that the companies are now working upon resumption with the implementation of a variety of changes, in order to provide the buyers with a convenient and safe service.
While the sales figure does not really come across as very encouraging at first, we need to acknowledge the fact that achieving a normal situation again will take time and operations have steadily been getting back to track. Moreover, it is also great to see companies stepping up in this time of need with flexible finance options and schemes on offer.