Hyundai has recently launched the new i20 in the Indian market at an introductory price bracket of Rs 6.8 lakh to Rs 11.32 lakh (ex-showroom India). In this price range, customers can also buy a sub-4m SUV and even many variants of the new i20 clash with its own sibling, Hyundai Venue, which is a segment above car. Consequently, many customers will be confused about their purchase decision regarding i20 and Venue. However, to overcome your dilemma, we have made a detailed comparison of these two cars here.
Hyundai i20 Vs Venue – Price Comparison
|Hyundai i20||Hyundai Venue|
|Magna||Rs 6.79 lakh||E||Rs.6.75 Lakh|
|Sportz||Rs.7.59 Lakh||S||Rs.7.46 Lakh|
|Sportz Dual-Tone||Rs.7.74 Lakh|
|Sportz CVT||Rs.8.59 Lakh||S+||Rs.8.38 Lakh|
|Sportz CVT Dual-Tone||Rs.8.74 Lakh|
|Asta Dual Tone||Rs.8.84 Lakh|
|Asta (O)||Rs.9.19 Lakh|
|Asta (O) Dual Tone||Rs.9.34 Lakh|
|Asta CVT||Rs.9.69 Lakh|
|Asta CVT Dual-Tone||Rs.9.84 Lakh|
|1.0-litre turbo petrol variants|
|Sportz iMT||Rs.8.79 Lakh||S||Rs.8.52 Lakh|
|S DCT||Rs.9.66 Lakh|
|Sportz iMT Dual-Tone||Rs.8.94 Lakh|
|Asta iMT||Rs.9.89 Lakh||SX iMT||Rs.9.99 Lakh|
|Asta iMT Dual-Tone||Rs.10.04 Lakh||SX Sport iMT||Rs.10.27 Lakh|
|Asta DCT||Rs.10.66 Lakh|
|Asta DCT Dual-Tone||Rs.10.81 Lakh||SX (O)||Rs 10.91 Lakh|
|Asta (O) DCT||Rs. 11.17 Lakh||SX (O) iMT||Rs 11.27 lakh|
|Asta (O) DCT Dual-Tone||Rs 11.32 Lakh||SX+ DCT||Rs 11.47 Lakh|
|SX+ Sport DCT||Rs 11.65 Lakh|
|1.5-liter diesel variants|
|Magna||Rs.8.19 Lakh||E||Rs.8.16 Lakh|
|Sportz||Rs.8.99 Lakh||S||Rs.9.07 Lakh|
|Sportz Dual-Tone||Rs.9.14 Lakh||SX||Rs.9.99 Lakh|
|Asta (O)||Rs.10.59 Lakh||SX Sport||Rs.10.37 Lakh|
|Asta (O) Dual-Tone||Rs.10.74 Lakh|
|SX (O)||Rs.11.47 Lakh|
|SX (O) Sport||Rs.11.59 Lakh|
It is important to note that both the cars come with the same engine options that include 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol, 1.2-litre Naturally Aspirated Petrol & 1.5-litre diesel engine. Here have a look at their specifications: –
Hyundai Elite i20
1.2-litre naturally aspirated / 1.0-litre turbocharged
|1.2-litre naturally aspirated / 1.0-litre turbocharged|
83PS / 120PS
|83PS / 120PS|
115Nm / 172Nm
|115Nm / 172Nm|
5-speed MT / 6-speed MT, iMT & 7-speed DCT
5-speed MT & CVT / 6-speed iMT & 7-speed DCT
|Mileage||18.27 kmpl (NA) / 18.15kmpl (turbo)||21kmpl (MT) & 19.65kmpl (CVT) / 20kmpl (iMT) & 20.28kmpl (DCT)|
Hyundai Elite i20
- Both the Hyundai cars come with the same engines with identical specifications. However, the 1.2-litre petrol engine on the Venue comes only with the manual gearbox, while the same engine on i20 also offers the convenience of CVT automatic gearbox.
- The turbo petrol engine, on the other hand, comes with either a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic (DCT) or a 6-speed clutchless manual transmission (iMT) with i20, while this engine can also be had with a manual gearbox if you opt Venue sub-4m SUV.
1605mm (with roof rails)
|Fuel Tank Capacity||37-litres||45-litres|
|Wheel Size||195/55 R16 Alloy (in top trims)||215/60 R16 Alloy (in top trims)|
The dimensions of both cars are almost the same. However, it's the styling that gives them a distinct road presence. The point to note here is that the i20's width and wheelbase are higher than the Venue, suggesting that the hatchback will give better cabin space. But the Venue has a larger cargo space and a better tire profile.
Hyundai i20 Vs Hyundai Venue – Features Comparison
In terms of features, both Hyundais come well equipped. In fact, they are considered as one of the most feature-rich offerings of their respective segments. Here we have only mentioned the features of top-spec trims of both the cars.
Common Features: –
Six airbags, electronic stability control, Hill Assist Control, rear camera, tyre pressure monitoring system, central locking, keyless entry, engine start/stop button, manual day/night IRVM, power-adjustable & foldable ORVMs, seatbelt reminder with pretensioners, high-speed alert, impact sensing door unlock and speed sensing auto-unlock, central locking, immobilizer, ISOFIX child seat mounts, LED lighting system, projector fog lamps, automatic headlamps, turn indicators on ORVMs, burglar alarm, automatic climate control, rear AC vent, cooled glovebox, height-adjustable driver's seat, sliding front armrest, rear armrest, touchscreen infotainment system, android auto & apple carplay connectivity, Bluelink connected car technology with remote control, voice recognition function, steering mounted controls, sharkfin antenna, cruise control, paddle shifters with DCT, air purifier, wireless mobile charging pad, leather-wrapped steering wheel & gear knob, electric sunroof, tilt steering, rear wiper & washer, rear defogger, etc.
Stand-out Features: –
- While the new i20 comes with a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, the Venue offers an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system in top trims. Both cars get connected car technology and wire-enabled Android Auto & Apple CarPlay and but it's the i20 that also offers wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto in its mid-variant.
- The i20 also gets a premium Bose sound system with blue ambient lighting. On the other hand, the Venue comes with Arkamys sound mood system.
- Both cars miss features like the rain-sensing wipers and power adjustment function for driver's seat & IRVM.
- For better driving convenience, the i20 also gets telescopic adjustment function for the steering, while the Venue lacks this feature. On the other hand, the top-spec trim of Venue gets leather+fabric upholstery, whereas the turbocharged variants of new i20 offer leather seat upholstery with copper/red stitching and piping.
- Compared to the Venue, the i20 lacks a 60:40 split seat and integrated cupholders in the rear armrest.
Which car should you buy?
Both cars have almost identical features and specifications. However, on-paper Hyundai i20 seems to offer better cabin space. If you want a car that offers better mileage, good cabin space and a premium look, then you can go with the i20. On the other hand, if your preference is the muscular look and if you want to enjoy the exclusivity of a manual gearbox with the turbocharged petrol engine then you can buy the Venue. And going by the prices, the Hyundai Venue offers better value for money.
Hyundai i20 Video Review: –