Hyundai Exter Variants and Engine Options Revealed; Bookings Open
Hyundai has finally revealed the exterior of its highly-anticipated micro-SUV, the Exter, set to rival the Tata Punch. The grand unveiling also shed light on the SUV’s engine options and its variant lineup.
The new SUV’s bookings have also been commenced officially.
- The Exter’s aesthetic concept gracefully aligns with the latest trend in Hyundai’s vehicle debuts.
- Standing upright, its slim and elevated H-shaped signature LED DRLs exude an air of sophistication. Meanwhile, the lower placement of the strikingly designed parametric front grille, complemented by projector headlamps, further enhances the vehicle’s bold and contemporary appearance.
- What sets the Exter apart from its contemporaries is the conspicuous placement of its brand’s emblem on the front, adding a touch of exclusivity to its already unique personality.
- The SUV’s rugged persona is strengthened by the sleek diamond-cut alloy wheels housed within the blacked-out flared wheel arches. Furthermore, it’s the side cladding, roof rails and blackened pillars that emphasize its aggressive and athletic profile.
- Although the rear design of the forthcoming SUV has not yet been disclosed, recent spy images provide a sneak peek of what’s to come. The images reveal a black strip adorning the tailgate, flanked by H-shaped LED tail lamps.
- Hyundai will offer the Exter in five broad trim levels – EX, S, SX, SX (O) and SX (O) Connect.
Powertrains On Offer
- Underneath the hood, the Hyundai’s upcoming SUV will be provided with i20’s 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that can be had with either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed AMT.
- The Korean carmaker will also provide it with a factory-fitted CNG kit for those seeking fuel efficiency.
Expected Price and Rivals
- We expect Hyundai to price the Exter from approximately Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom), placing it against the likes of the Tata Punch, Citroen eC3 and Maruti Suzuki Ignis in the Indian market.