Hyundai is gearing up to unveil the Alcazar SUV pretty soon. But ahead of its global premiere, some details of the upcoming Alcazar 7-seater have been revealed. Here's a look at the parameters on which it will differentiate the Hyundai Creta: –
- Dimensions: – Though Hyundai Alcazar shares quite a few design elements and underpinning with the Creta, its wheelbase (2,760mm) will be 150mm longer than its younger sibling. In fact, it is also 9mm, 10mm, and 60mm bigger than the Tata Safari, MG Hector, and current-gen Mahindra XUV500, respectively. This clearly means that the Alcazar will offer a good amount of cabin space. It will also offer a boot space of 180-litres with all three rows in position.
- Suspensions: – Considering the added length of the car, Hyundai has done some modifications to the suspension setup of the car to increase the vehicle stability and control. It will get a hydraulic rebound stopper in the front strut, which is said to provide better rebound control and offer a pleasant ride quality over uneven roads. The rear suspensions, on the other hand, will get a more upright shock absorber which is claimed to improve body control and will give the SUV a more planted feel.
- Seating Options, Comfort, and Ergonomics: – There will be two seating configurations on offer: – a 6-and a 7-seater. While the former will get two captains in the middle row fitted with a premium console armrest, the latter will get a bench-type seat. The second-row seat will also come with a sliding function, while the third-row seat will get a reclining feature as well as a 50:50 split-folding function. Prioritizing the comfort of the passengers, Hyundai will also offer the front seats with ventilated function and rear rows with dedicated AC vents with speed controller. It will also be offered with a seatback tray for added convenience.
- Design changes: – We’ve already discussed Alcazar's exterior that will feature a redesigned chrome studded grille with slightly updated split headlamp design, new bumper, a size larger 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, taller rear end, and redesigned rear profile with a new taillamp.
- Features: – The upcoming Alcazar SUV will borrow a fair bit from the Creta. However, it could also get some additional features over its younger sibling like front parking sensors, 360-degree camera, and ADAS (advanced driver assistance system) technology.
- Engine Options: – The Hyundai Alcazar won't share its engine options with the Creta. Instead, it will borrow the powertrain from the Elantra mid-sized sedan that includes 2.0-liter petrol (152PS/192Nm) and a 1.5-liter diesel unit (115PS/250Nm). Both motors will get a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission choices.
- Expected Price Range: – Unofficial bookings for the upcoming Alcazar SUV have already started at select dealerships for a token amount of Rs 50,000. We believe, it will demand a premium of around Rs 1 lakh over the standard Creta, which retails between Rs 9.99 lakh and Rs 17.53 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).