Honda Dio Now Available In 125cc Guise
- Honda 2-wheelers India has launched the 125cc iteration of the Dio scooter in India.
- It comes in two variants: Standard and Smart, priced at Rs 83,400 and Rs 91,300 (both prices, ex-showroom Delhi).
- Design-wise, the Dio 125 closely resembles its smaller displacement counterpart, with some subtle cosmetic enhancements in the form of increased cladding on the side panels and front apron, more muscular side panels, sharper body edges and a new dual-outlet muffler with a chrome cover.
- The headlight elements have also been tweaked slightly.
- Engine details are still under the wraps, but it is expected to get Honda Grazia’s 123.9cc FI engine that delivers 8.25PS and 10.3Nm.
- The underpinnings of the scooter comprise a telescopic fork, a 3-step adjustable rear monoshock, a petal disc up front (in the Smart variant only) and a rear drum brake with a Combined Braking System (CBS).
- It offers 18 litres of storage space.
- When it comes to features, both the variants of the Honda Dio 125 get a fully digital LCD instrument console that displays a speedometer, tachometer, trip meter, time, side-stand indicator, average mileage, real-time mileage, battery indicator, ECO indicator, Service Due indicator and engine malfunction light.
- Unfortunately, it misses out on smartphone connectivity support.
- The range-topping Smart variant also receives Honda’s Smart Key system, with the following features: –
|SmartUnlock||Permits remote fuel lid and seat unlocking, as well as keyless lock/unlock of the handle within a two-meter range.|
|SmartStart||It eliminates the requirement for a traditional key to start, as it features an ignition knob and a button to start the engine.|
|SmartFind||Helps to locate the scooter in a parking lot if you are within 10 metres of the scooter.|
|SmartSafe||A safety feature that automatically locks the scooter when you walk 2 meters away from it.|
- Honda offers the Dio 125 in seven colour options: Pearl Deep Ground Gray, Pearl Siren Blue, Mat Marvel Blue Metallic, Mat Axis Gray Metallic, Pearl Night Star Black, Mat Sangria Red Metallic, and Sports Red.
- In the 125cc sporty scooter segment, the Honda Dio 125 will face competition from the TVS Ntorq 125, Yamaha RayZR 125, Suzuki Avenis, Aprilia SR125, and the upcoming Hero Xoom 125.