Honda Activa H-Smart To Get Digital Instrument Cluster With Bluetooth Connectivity
Honda’s Activa 125 is getting smarter with the introduction of the new H-Smart variant, and its details have been leaked. Here are the highlights: –
- Similar to the recently launched Honda Activa 6G H-Smart variant, the Activa 125 will also get a multi-function smartkey with keyless access and various other safety techs.
- As per the leaked information, the Honda Activa 125 H-Smart trim will get keyfob functions like Smart Unlock, Smart Start, Smart Find, and Smart Safe.
- Smart Unlock: It enables remote fuel lid and seat unlocking, and a keyless lock/unlocks of the handle within two metres of the scooter.
- Smart Start: This scooter does not require a key to start, as it has a knob to turn on the ignition and a button to start the engine.
- Smart Find: It helps locate the scooter in a parking lot. If you are within 10 metres of the scooter, you can trigger the turn indicators to flash by pressing a button on the keyfob.
- Smart Safe: This is essentially a proximity lock, which locks the scooter automatically when you walk 2 meters away from it.
- The Activa 125 H-Smart will also receive a new digital instrument cluster with readouts like real-time mileage, average mileage and distance-to-empty. However, it is unlikely to get Bluetooth connectivity function.
- Honda could also introduce new colour options for the Activa 125.
- While we don’t have any info about its mechanical, we expect it remains unchanged save for the scooter to now be BS6-2 compliant with onboard diagnostics (OBD2). Its 123.97cc engine will continue to make 8.29PS and 10.3Nm.
- We anticipate it to be launched in the coming week, with an expected price premium of Rs 3,500 over the regular disc brake variant, which is currently priced at Rs 84,916 (ex-showroom Delhi).
- In the Indian market, the Honda Activa 125 locks horn with the Yamaha Fascino 125, Suzuki Access 125, and TVS Jupiter 125.