Hero Maestro Xoom Technical Details Leaked
Hero MotoCorp is all set to bring a new, sportier iteration of its Maestro 110cc scooter that will be called ‘Maestro Xoom’. While its launch timeline is yet to be revealed, a leaked ICAT (International Centre for Automotive Technology) certification document has disclosed some of its interesting details.
- As per the document, the Hero Maestro Xoom will be offered in three trims: LX, VX and ZX.
- The new scooter measures 1,881mm in length, 731mm in width, and 1,117mm in height, which makes it 38mm longer and 16mm wider than the Maestro Edge. At 1,300mm, its wheelbase is also 39mm longer than the Maestro Edge 110.
- Powering the new Maestro Xoom will be the same 110.9cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine that produces 8.04 PS at 7,250 rpm and 8.70 Nm at 5,750 rpm. It will be paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
- The underpinnings of the upcoming scooter will also be similar to the Maestro Edge, comprising telescopic hydraulic shock absorbers at the front and a unit swing with spring-loaded hydraulic dampers at the rear. For anchoring, drum brakes will be offered as standard fitment, except for the range-topping ZX trim, which is expected to get a disc brake at the front.
- Design-wise, the Hero Maestro Xoom sports a dynamic appearance, with an apron-mounted headlight, along with X-shaped LED daytime running lights (DRLs) and motorcycle-like stalk-mounted rear indicators. In addition, the tail lamp is also adorned with an X-shaped graphic. The layout of its all-digital instrument console has also been tweaked.
- Once launched, the Hero Maestro Xoom will go up against the Honda Dio.