The much-anticipated Hero Marvick 440, essentially a Harley-Davidson X440-based premium roadster, has finally been revealed. The bike will be launched in February 2024, while its deliveries are slated to commence in April 2024. It will be sold via Hero’s Premia dealerships. At present, there are only three operational Hero Premia showrooms in the country. The company targets the opening of 100 dealerships by June this year.
What Powers The Hero Marvick 440?
Powering the Hero Marvick 440 is a 440cc, air-oil-cooled, single-cylinder, 2-valve, engine that makes 27.3PS of max power at 6,000 rpm and 36m of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. Hero claims that approximately 90 per cent of its torque rushes in as low as 2000rpm. The engine will come mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a slip-and-assist clutch to decrease rear-wheel skidding during aggressive downshifting and reduce clutch lever effort during gear shifts.
- Based on the high-strength steel trellis frame, the new Hero Marvick features a 43mm telescopic fork up front and a gas-charged, preload-adjustable twin shock absorber suspension setup at the rear.
- Unlike the 18/17-inch setup on the Harley X440, the Hero bike rides on 17-inch machined alloy wheels in higher variants and spoked wheels in the base variant.
- For anchoring duties, it gets disc brakes at both ends, assisted by dual-channel ABS as standard.
- Tipping the scale at 187kg, the bike has a ground clearance of 175mm.
Design and Features
- In terms of design, the Hero Marvick features a round projector LED headlamp with an H-shaped LED DRL and a muscular fuel tank with a brushed metal finish adorned with the bike’s name on the side in bold lettering. Additionally, the assertive tank shrouds, coupled with the Y-shaped side covers, emphasize the overall robustness.
- Further adding to its allure is the spacious single-piece seat, clip-on-handlebars for precise control, and rear-set footpegs that beckon riders to embrace an aggressive riding stance.
- The other notable features of the bike include an all-LED lighting system and a digital speedometer with gear indicator, Bluetooth smartphone connectivity, call/SMS alerts, and turn-by-turn navigation support.
Variants and Colour Options
- Hero will offer the Marvick in three variant options: Base, Mid and Top.
- The base variant is available in a single colour – ARCTIC WHITE – and gets spoked wheels.
- The mid variant will get alloy wheels and two colours – FEARLESS RED and CELESTIAL BLUE, while the top-spec variant will get Bluetooth connectivity, diamond-cut alloy wheels, and two colour options – PHANTOM BLACK and ENGIMA BLACK.
Bookings for the Marvick 440 will commence in February 2024.