Gogoro Inc., a global technology leader in battery-swapping ecosystems, has sent a “Block Your Date” invite for December 12, 2023. While the Taiwanese EV maker is yet to reveal the product details, it is expected to unveil the CrossOver electric scooter for the Indian market. In fact, Gogoro has also reportedly commenced its production in Maharashtra, with deliveries likely to start in early 2024.
- For those unaware, the Gogoro CrossOver made its global debut in October this year. The company calls it a two-wheel SUV.
- Globally, it comes in two variants: CrossOver and CrossOver S.
- Underpinning the Gogoro CrossOver is a steel tubular frame with an unmistakable focus on utility and versatility. It features an extended LED headlamp cluster with shrouds to expand loading capacity. What’s more interesting is its split seat that serves a dual purpose. Having said that, its pillion seat can be folded to become a backrest for the rider. In such cases, it creates additional space for large cargo. It can also be removed to make more storage room. Customers also get options to fit front & rear luggage racks, top cases and panniers to enhance the overall practicality.
- CrossOver’s suspension incorporates a telescopic front fork and a dual rear shock absorber. It also has 12-inch Maxxis MA-EV high-grip dual-performance tires.
- Powering the CrossOver is a G2.2 aluminium alloy water-cooled PMS (permanent magnet synchronous) motor with a FLO DRIVE belt drive system that provides a maximum power of 7.6 kW.
- Anticipate it to feature a swappable battery pack.
- Regarding features, this electric scooter comes equipped with the brand’s latest 6.8 iQ System, which enables various remote control functionalities through Mobile App. It also utilizes LTE smart remote networking services that allow riders to connect their scooter with 24-hour active message notifications, remote command and control, and real-time vehicle condition inspection, including vehicle tip-over warnings, vehicle locking/unlocking, compartment opening, vehicle location query and other functions. Furthermore, its range-topping S variant gets an SSmartcore intelligent driving electronic control core system, Gogoro’s updated traction control system and an optional cruise control system.
- Tipping the weighing scale at 126kg, the Gogoro CrossOver is claimed to have a wheelbase of around 1400mm and a ground clearance of 142mm.