Facelifted Tata Nexon EV Revealed As Nexon.ev
Days after introducing the ICE-powered Nexon facelift, Tata Motors has now revealed its electric counterpart, now known as “Nexon. ev”, as part of the carmaker’s new brand identity for its electric division.
Tata has announced that its pre-launch bookings will commence on September 9, while the price announcement will take place on September 14, 2023.
2023 Tata Nexon.ev – New Styling
- Unlike the pre-facelift version of Nexon EV, the upgraded electrified Nexon highly distinguish itself from its ICE version, featuring a new EV-specific closed-off grille adorned by width-spanning connected LED DRLs and different design for air curtains. The split headlamp setup, however, is similar to its ICE version.
- The side and rear profiles of the SUV remain largely identical to its updated ICE version, boasting new alloy wheels with aerodynamic inserts, a redesigned tailgate with connected LED taillights, and a new rear wiper tucked up into the integrated roof spoiler.
- The rear bumper design has been changed.
Refreshed Interior, New Features
The new Tata Nexon.ev gets the same dashboard layout as the 2023 ICE Nexon. Having said that, it gets a refreshed dash design, a new two-spoke steering wheel with an illuminated logo, touch-based climate control and an all-digital instrument cluster.
Other notable additions include: –
- A larger 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- New 9-speaker JBL sound system with subwoofers
- Paddle shifters for regen level
- 360-degree camera
- Six airbags (standard)
- 3-point seatbelts for all seats
- Seatbelt reminder for all occupants
- Blind-view monitor
- Front parking sensors
- V2L (vehicle-to-load) and V2V (vehicle-to-vehicle) power supply functions
- Improved regeneration braking
Features like automatic AC, rear AC vents, cruise control, ventilated front seats, electric sunroof, wireless charger, multiple-driving modes, electronic parking brakes with auto-hold, tyre pressure monitoring, electronic stability system, etc., have been retained from the outgoing model.
Like before, the Nexon.ev will continue to be offered in medium and long-range versions, with multiple variants offered under them, namely Empowered, Creative and Fearless.
Powertrain, Range and Charging Time
The 2023 Tata Nexon.ev gets a new generation electric motor that’s claimed to be around 20% more lightweight, utilises 30% less rare earth materials and has enhanced efficiency. The battery packs, however, are the same as its predecessor, albeit with more range.
|Medium Range (MR)||Long Range (LR)|
|Power||127hp (2hp less than before)||143hp|
|Torque||215Nm (30Nm less than before)||215Nm (35Nm less than before)|
|Claimed Range||325km (+12km than before)||465km (+12km than before)|
- Both versions of the Nexon.ev will now get a 7.2kW charger as standard.
- As mentioned above, the EV now also gains V2V and V2L charging capabilities, which means you can charge other EVs or power electrical appliances using your electrified Nexon.
Expected Price and Competitors
Taking all these changes into account, the new Tata Nexon.ev will certainly command a significant price premium over its outgoing model, which was priced between Rs 14.49 lakh and Rs 19.54 lakh (ex-showroom).
Once launched, the Nexon.ev will continue its rivalry with the Mahindra XUV400.