Citroen eC3 EV – Price, Features, Specs, Colors and More
Citroen India has recently launched the electric version of the C3 crosshatch called the ”eC3″, with prices ranging between Rs 11.50 lakh and Rs 12.43 lakh (introductory, ex-showroom). Currently, the EV is available on sale in select 25 cities of the country, and its bookings are already underways for a sum of Rs 25,000.
The electrified hatch comes in two variants – Live and Feel. Here’s what they have on offer: –
1. Citroen eC3 Live
|Ex-Showroom Price||Rs 11.50 lakh|
Key Features: –
- Exterior:- Halogen headlamps, body-coloured bumpers, fender-mounted turn indicators, 15-inch steel wheels with cover, gloss black ORVMs, Matte Black front grille, and roof antenna.
- Interior: – All-black cabin theme, fabric upholstery, chrome garnish on AC controls, digital instrument cluster.
- Comfort & Convenience: – Flat folding rear bench seat, manual air conditioner with heater, front power windows with one-touch down function, 12V front power socket, manually adjustable ORVMs, rear smartphone storage console, and My Citroen Connect with C-Buddy smartphone app.
- Safety: – Dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, seat belt reminder, and high-speed alert system.
Verdict: There are tons of basic features missing from the entry-level Citroen eC3 Live variant, so your ownership experience will be affected seriously. Hence, we strongly suggest you skip the base variant of the Citroen eC3.
Related: Citroen eC3 vs Tata Tiago EV – Price Comparison
2. Citroen eC3 Feel
|Ex-Showroom Price||Rs 12.13 lakh, Rs 12.28 lakh (with Vibe pack)|
+Rs 15,000 extra for dual-tone paint finish
|Premium Over Live Variant||+Rs 63,000|
Key Features (over Live variant): –
- Exterior:- Body-color door handles, LED DRLs (daytime running lamps), wheel arch cladding, front skid plate, gloss black roof rails, and dual-tone body shades.
- Interior: – Chrome finishing on door handles, instrument panel, gear lever and steering wheel, Grey/Orange highlight on the dashboard.
- Comfort & Convenience: – Remote keyless entry, all four power windows with a one-touch up-down function, height-adjustable driver’s seat, keyless entry, tilt-adjustment function for the steering wheel, rear parcel shelf, seatback pockets, front USB charger, two rear fast-charging USB sockets, and steering-mounted audio & phone controls.
- Infotainment/Entertainment: – 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, 4 speakers,
- Safety: – Door ajar warning, speed-sensitive auto door lock.
- Vibe Pack (optional): – Front fog lamps with coloured accents, painted ORVMs, painted rear reflector surround and body side door molding & painted insert.
Verdict: For a price premium of Rs 63,000, the Live variant will offer you a slightly better ownership experience. However, it still lacks plenty of essential features, such as a rear wiper & washer, rear defogger, passive keyless entry, push-button start, cruise control, adjustable headrests, and much more.
Must Read: Citroen eC3 vs Tata Tiago EV – Specs and Features Comparison
Citroen eC3 Colour Options
Citroen is offering as many as thirteen shade options with the eC3 EV, including nine dual-tone options.
|– Polar White|
– Zesty Orange
– Steel Grey
– Platinum Grey
|– Polar White with Zesty Orange roof|
– Steel Grey with Zesty Orange roof
– Platinum Grey with Zesty Orange roof
– Polar White with Platinum Grey roof
– Zesty Orange with Platinum Grey roof
– Steel Grey with Platinum Grey roof
– Zesty Orange with Polar White roof
– Platinum Grey with Polar White roof
– Steel Grey with Polar White roof
Citroen eC3 EV – Battery, Range and Charging Time
|Motor||Front-axle-mounted PMS motor|
|Acceleration Time (0-60kmph)||6.8 seconds|
|Range (As Per MIDC Cycle)||320km|
|Top Speed||107 kmph|
|Charging Time||57 min (0 to 80% via DC Fast Charger)|
10-11 hours (via portable home charger)
Citroën is offering 7 years/1,40,000 kms warranty on the battery pack, 5 years/1,00,000 kms warranty on the electric motor and 3 years/1,25,000 kms warranty on the vehicle itself.
*All the prices mentioned above are introductory and will be revised in the near future.