Citroen C3 – Which Variant Should You Buy?
Last month, Citreon launched the C3 as its first mass-market offering in India. It is essentially a cross-hatch with SUV-like styling. You can pick between two engines and three variants, each with several customization options, so choosing the right trim can be a little challenging. The following is a guide to what’s on offer in all the variants of the Citroen C3, so you can choose which will be more suitable for you. But before we start, here’s a look at its specifications first.
|Engine Options||1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol||1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol|
|Max Power||82PS at 5750RPM||110PS at 5500RPM|
|Peak Torque||115Nm at 3750RPM||190Nm at 1750RPM|
|Gearbox||5-speed MT||6-speed MT|
The Citroen C3 comes with two petrol engines of the same displacements, paired with 5-speed and 6-speed manual gearboxes for the naturally aspirated and turbocharged units, respectively. During our test ride, we found its naturally aspirated engine well-suited for city driving. Its highway behaviour is also appreciable, and it doesn’t struggle much. It can be well-suited for buyers who primarily drive within the city and have a relaxed driving style. On the contrary, the turbocharged engine is more versatile, and you’ll love pushing it hard on highways.
Citroen C3 – Dimensions
|Height||1604 (with roof rails)|
|Cargo Storage Capacity||315L|
|Tyre Size||195/65 R15|
Based on Citroen’s global Common Modular Platform (CMP), the dimensions of C3 are quite on par with popular sub-compact SUVs like Tata Nexon, Maruti Brezza, Hyundai Venue, etc. Compared to the aforementioned SUVs, its wheelbase is 40mm longer, which should reflect in better cabin space.
Citroen C3 – Color Options and Customisation Packs
Citroen offers the C3 in 10 attractive exterior colour choices, including six dual-tone shades and 28 colour combinations with Mood Pack. It also gets four pre-defined accessory packages so that buyers can personalize it as per their preference.
Citroen C3 – Variants Analysis
1. Citroen C3 Live
|1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol with 5-speed MT||Rs 5.88 lakh|
What does it offer?
- Exterior: Matte black front grille with silver painted brand emblem, halogen headlamps, gloss black ORVMs, body side sill panel, 15-inch steel wheels with full covers, side indicators on the front fender, and roof antenna.
- Interior: All-black cabin theme, fabric seats with integrated headrests, satin chrome accent on AC knobs & parking brake lever tip, and digital instrument cluster.
- Comfort & Convenience: Manual AC with heater, power steering, front power windows with one-touch down function, manually adjustable side mirrors, 1-litre bottle holders in all doors, front power socket, 100% flat-folding rear bench seat, and rear console smartphone storage.
- Safety: Driver & co-driver airbag, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, high-speed alert system, and front seatbelt reminder.
Verdict: The scant features list of the Citroen C3’s entry-level Live variant compelled us not to recommend it. Buy only if you can’t extend your budget.
2. Citroen C3 Feel
|Powertrain||Price (Ex-Showroom)||Premium Over Live Variant|
|1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol with 5-speed MT||Rs 6.80 lakh, Rs 6.95 lakh (with Vibe Pack) + Rs 15,000 extra for dual-tone paint scheme||Rs 92,000|
|1.2-litre turbo-petrol with 6-speed MT||Rs 8.15 lakh (with vibe pack and dual-tone paint scheme)||Rs 2.27 lakh|
What does it offer over the Feel variant?
- Exterior: Chrome-finished brand insignia, LED daytime running lamps, body-colour door handles, wheel arch cladding, front skid plate, high gloss back side mirrors & roof rails, and optional dual-tone body shades (standard with turbo variant).
- Interior: Gloss black finish around AC vents, chrome garnish on door handles, AC vents inner parts, gear lever surround, and steering wheel.
- Comfort & Convenience: All four power windows, remote keyless entry, height-adjustable driver’s seat, steering mounted audio & telephony controls, one USB fast charging port in front & two in the rear.seatback pockets, and rear parcel shelf.
- Infotainment: 10-inch touchscreen infotainment with wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, 4 speakers, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Safety: Speed sensing auto-door lock and door ajar warning.
- Vibe Pack: Front fog lamps, body side door moulding with grey/orange inserts, grey/orange coloured side mirrors, grey/orange fog lamp surround and grey/orange rear reflector surround.
Verdict: The top-spec Citroen C3 Feel variant offers great value for the price premium of Rs 92,000. However, basics like powered side mirrors, day/night IRVM and rear wiper/defogger are still missing in the hatch. In spite of this, it is hard to ignore its excellent ride quality & comfort, outright performance and ease of driving.