Citroen C3 Aircross Revealed Officially – 7 Seater SUV
After tons of spy shots and leaks, the Citroen C3 Aircross has made its official debut in India. It is essentially a 7-seater version of the Citroen C3 with some visual tweaks. It is slated to be launched in the second half of 2023.
Here’s all you need to know about this compact three-row offering –
- The new C3 Aircross boasts a typical Citroen design.
- Its split headlamps are reminiscent of the C3, but with a larger grille, the front end channels the essence of a mini C5 Aircross.
- The front bumper follows a minimalist approach, incorporating skid plates for added toughness and style.
- The compact SUV’s extended profile and raised stance allow for the convenient placement of a third row.
- It rides on unique 17-inch alloy wheels that add to its style.
- The rear of the car is marked by LED tail lamps that are joined by a thick black element, along with a tough-looking bumper that includes skid plates, culminating in an overall robust design.
Interior, Features and Seating Options
- The dashboard design of the C3 Aircross is largely similar to its younger sibling; however, it comes wrapped in a black-and-beige scheme for a premium appeal.
- The C3 Aircross boasts two seating configurations – a standard 5-seater and a 7-seater version with a three-row layout.
- According to Citroen, the 5-seater C3 Aircross has a 444-litre boot capacity, while the 7-seater variant offers 511 litres of cargo space with the third row fully removed.
- As a three-row vehicle, the SUV comes equipped with niceties for the middle and last-row passengers, including roof-mounted AC vents with adjustable blower speeds and two type-A USB ports in the last row.
- Except for the new fully-digital instrument cluster with a tachometer, most of its features are identical to the C3, with key highlights such as a 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, manual air conditioning, audio controls mounted on the steering wheel, electronically adjustable side mirrors, and height-adjustable driver’s seat.
- The safety kit of the car includes multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control and rear parking sensors with camera.
- Citroen offers the C3 Aircross with a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol mill. Paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox, this engine makes 110PS and 190Nm.
- An automatic transmission could also be introduced at the time of launch.
Expected Price and Rivals
We expect Citroen to price the C3 Aircross from around Rs 9 lakh (ex-showroom), placing it as a viable substitute for the Mahindra Bolero Neo and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.