In view of the festive season, luxury automaker Audi has launched the limited-run ‘Platinum Edition’ of the S5 Sportback in India at Rs 81.57 lakh (ex-showroom), commanding a premium of Rs 5.43 lakh over the regular model.
Audi S5 Sportback Platinum Edition – What’s Special?
- Being a special version, the new S5 Sportback Platinum Edition features Matrix LED headlamps with laser light technology for enhanced visibility.
- It also gets Audi’s Black Styling Package Plus, which features a blacked-out treatment for the grille, badging, and window line. There are also the red brake callipers with the ‘S’ insignia
- Audi has offered the S5 Sportback Platinum Edition in two distinct exterior shades: District Green and Mythos Black.
- The sportier theme continues inside the cabin as well, featuring new Magma Red Nappa leather sports seats. The Sportster also comes equipped with massaging functions for enhanced comfort and showcases carbon fibre inserts on the dashboard for added appeal.
- It also gets illuminated door sills and puddle lamps with an ‘S’ logo projection.
- The other notable features of this special edition model include a 12.3-inch digital driver’s display, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 180W 6-speaker sound system with six amplifiers, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting, 3-zone climate control, and Sports suspension with damper control.
No mechanical changes have been made underneath the hood. It continues to draw its charge from a 3-litre, 6-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine generating 354PS and 500Nm, enabling it to do the century run in just 4.8 seconds before hitting a top speed of 250 kmph.
The drive is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The Audi S5 locks horns with the BMW M340i.