2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Revealed; Bookings Open On July 14
Kia’s most popular mid-size SUV, the Seltos, has finally revealed in a new facelift avatar. It is the first significant upgrade for the SUV since its India debut in 2019. Its bookings will commence from July 14th.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift – What’s New?
For 2023, the Kia Seltos has received a host of significant styling changes, new features and new powertrain options.
Let’s start with the styling part first: –
- While the overall silhouette of the car remains unchanged, its front and rear end have received some notable cosmetic changes for a more aggressive and bold appearance.
- Upfront, the facelifted Seltos features a revamped tiger nose grille, flanked by new LED headlamps integrating restyled new LED DRLs that stretches to the grille mesh.
- Towards the back, the Seltos receive flashier LED tail lamps connected by a LED light bar.
- The SUV also receives a new set of alloy wheels and bumpers for an absolutely refreshed look.
Interior and Features
- The most significant design change can be seen inside the cabin of the 2023 Kia Seltos in the form of new connected twin curved screens, comprising a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 10.25-inch digital driver’s display.
- The dashboard layout has also been altered to incorporate new AC vents and its updated switchgear.
- Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the updated SUV also gets a panoramic sunroof, dual-zone climate control, and Level-2 Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) that incorporate dynamic cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, lane-keep assist, auto emergency braking, forward collision avoidance, rear-cross traffic alert and more.
- Kia India has introduced a new 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine (160PS/253Nm) for the upgraded Seltos as a replacement to the now-discontinued 1.4-litre turbo-petrol mill.
- This new engine can be had with either a 6-speed clutchless manual gearbox (iMT) or a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
- The existing 115PS 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol and 116PS 1.5-litre diesel engines will continue to be offered.
Also Read: Upcoming Cars Set to Arrive In July 2023
Variants and Colour Options
- The 2023 Kia Seltos will continue to be offered in three trim levels – Tech Line, GT Line and X-Line.
- The upgraded SUV will be offered in eight monotones, two dual-tone and one matte graphite colour option.
- Expect it to command a significant price premium over the existing model, which ranges between Rs 10.89 – 19.65 lakh (ex-showroom).
With all the above-mentioned changes, the facelifted Kia Seltos has emerged as a more competitive offering compared to its rivals. Nevertheless, the Korean automaker hasn’t made any statement regarding potential updates to the strength of its chassis.