2023 Honda Activa 125 Launched With New Features, Now OBD2 Compliant
Following the launch of the Honda Activa 6G H-Smart, the Japanese manufacturer has now introduced the updated iteration of the Activa 125 at a starting price of Rs 78,920 (ex-showroom). Here’s a look at its revised variant lineup and their prices: –
|Honda Activa 125||Price||Quantum of Price Hike|
|Drum with steel wheels||Rs 78,920||+Rs 1,177|
|Drum with alloys||Rs 82,588||+Rs 1,177|
|Disc with alloys||Rs 86,093||+Rs 1,177|
|H-Smart (New)||Rs 88,093||Not Applicable|
Honda has increased the price of the Activa 125 by Rs 1,177.
2023 Honda Activa – What’s New?
- For starters, Honda has introduced a new H-Smart variant for the Activa 125 that comes with the same set of features as the Activa 6G H-Smart.
- All variants of the new Activa 125 now get small apron-mounted open storage space on the left side of the apron for your tiny stuff.
- The 18-litre underseat storage has also been redesigned to optimize space.
- The scooter’s 124cc air-cooled engine has also been updated to comply with the BS6 Phase-2 emission norms.
- In addition, the power output has also been improved, now making 8.3PS (up from 8.29PS), while torque remains at 10.4Nm.
Keyless Access, Smart Features
The new range-topping H-Smart variant of the upgraded Honda Activa 125 gets a car-like key fob instead of a physical key, which offers a variety of smart features which are as follows: –
- Smart Unlock: It enables remote fuel lid and seat unlocking and a keyless lock/unlocks of the handle within two metres of the scooter.
- Smart Start: This scooter does not require a key to start, as it has a knob to turn on the ignition and a button to start the engine.
- Smart Find: It helps locate the scooter in a parking lot. If you are within 10 metres of the scooter, you can trigger the turn indicators to flash by pressing a button on the keyfob.
- Smart Safe: This is essentially a proximity lock, which locks the scooter automatically when you walk 2 meters away from it.
The Honda Activa 125 H-Smart is positioned at a nominal premium over the disc brake variant because it provides a wide range of practical features. It would have been even better if the brand had provided digital instrument clusters and Bluetooth-based connectivity features.