2023 Auto Expo The Motor Show Potential Participants & Absentees
The Auto Expo is set to take place at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida between January 13 and 18, 2023. There will be a flurry of launches and unveilings of new cars, SUVs, EVs & concepts at the upcoming Motor Show. Nevertheless, some carmakers have declined to invest in the exhibition because of various reasons. Here’s a list of the prominent carmakers who would take part and those who won’t see at the 2023 Auto Expo:
- As the above table indicates, Mahindra, Honda, Jeep, Nissan, Renault, Skoda, Volkswagen and a handful of other mass-market carmakers will be missed at the upcoming MAHAKUMBH of Automobile.
- For Mahindra, this was obvious as it has already showcased its upcoming electric lineup and a separate launch event will be held for the XUV400 and 5-door Thar in the near future.
- Honda will also not attend the 2023 Indian Auto Expo. This comes as a big surprise as the Japanese automaker is unveiling a compact SUV in Indonesia next month, which is relevant for India as well.
- We expected Jeep to showcase the Venue-rivaling compact SUV at the upcoming Auto Expo, but there are speculations that Jeep will also be missing from the Auto Expo.
- Nissan’s absence has been brought up after the recent showcase of three SUVs. However, Renault is also unlikely to make an appearance at the show.
- BMW and Mercedes-Benz, two of the most popular luxury automotive brands in India, will also be absent.