2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Specifications Leaked
Earlier, we reported that the 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N will share its powertrain options with the 2nd-gen Thar and XUV700, now we have got exact specifications of the upcoming SUV ahead of its launch on 27th June. Here’s a look: –
|Engine||2.2-liter diesel||2-litre turbo-petrol|
|No of Cylinders||4||4|
|Max Power||Lower Variants: 132PS|
Upper Variants: 175PS
|Peak Torque||Lower Variants: 300Nm|
Upper Variants: 370Nm (MT), 400Nm (AT)
|Transmission||Lower Variants: 6-speed MT |
Upper Variants: 6-speed MT/6-speed AT
|6-speed MT/ 6-speed AT|
|Drivetrain||Lower Variants: RWD |
Upper Variants: RWD/4WD
- As we have stated multiple times in our previous stories, the 2.2-liter diesel engine of the upcoming Scorpio N will come in two states of tune. While the lower variants’ output figures are on par with the Mahindra Thar, the higher-spec trims offer 10PS less power and up to 50Nm less torque than the XUV700.
- Petrol engine specs are similar to the XUV700 (manual trim offers 10Nm less torque).
- Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic unit.
- A rear-wheel drivetrain (RWD) will be standard with the new Scorpio N, along with the choice of a part-time 4-wheel-drivetrain (4WD) with both engines.
- Reports are also suggesting that the body-on-frame SUV will feature four driving modes (sand, mud, grass, and snow), shift-on-fly low & high-range 4WD modes, mechanical locking rear differential, ESP-based brake locking front differential, an independent front suspension system, a five-link rear suspension, and XUV700-like FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) dampers.
A recently leaked owner’s manual has already revealed the dimensions of the 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N. And interestingly, it will get a bigger wheelbase than the Tata Safari and Toyota Fortuner. Besides, its exterior and interior styling have also been revealed officially by the brand.